Please read these terms & conditions carefully. All tours are operated by Velocene Adventures Ltd, registered company number 11101985 at 11 Devonshire Street, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7SR, and are operated subject to the following terms & conditions:
Making a Reservation
1. Prior to booking please read the tour information and booking conditions. If you have any questions please contact us for clarification. Please these conditions and keep a copy for your records.
2. To make a booking you must be over 18 and send us a completed booking form and non-refundable deposit for each person. We will acknowledge receipt of your booking by e-mail. If you notice any errors regarding your booking on this e-mail, please contact us to correct these.
3. We will invoice you for the remainder of the cost of your holiday, which you must pay no later than 60 days before departure. If you book less than 60 days before departure full payment must be made on booking. If the balance is not paid in time we reserve the right to cancel your holiday and apply the cancellation charges outlined below.
Cancellation by you
4. If you wish to cancel your holiday, this must be done in writing (including by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) provided that in all instances receipt can be acknowledged by the person who is the first person named on the confirmation issued to you. You will be liable for the following cancellation charges:
4.1. 60 days or more before the departure date you will forfeit your deposit;
4.2. more than 30 days and less than 60 days a 50% refund of the holiday price will be made;
4.3. less than 30 days before the departure date no refund will be given; or
4.4. if the Company requires a lesser sum than set out in 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 above to cover its reasonable costs and losses caused by the cancellation, it may at its discretion charge you that lesser sum.
5. The Company shall take all reasonable steps to keep its costs and losses to a minimum.
6. If any person is prevented from travelling, we will agree to that person’s booking being transferred to another person who satisfies all the conditions applicable to the holiday, subject to both persons accepting joint and several liability for full payment of the holiday price and our charge for confirming the transfer and any additional costs arising from the transfer. We must be given reasonable notice of the transfer request, which is considered to be at least 14 days prior to the departure date.
Cancellation by the Company
7. We may cancel your holiday including in the following circumstances:
7.1 where circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise, for example, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism, poor weather conditions or technical problems arise with transport; and/or
7.2 the minimum number needed to operate one of our holidays has not been met. We will advise you of this no later than 14 days prior to departure.
8. If we cancel in either of the circumstances described above, we will, if possible, offer an alternative holiday. If this is not acceptable to you we will refund all payments made to us in respect of your holiday. Velocene Adventures is not liable for any additional expenses you incur (e.g. travel expenses, accommodation) through your trip being cancelled.
9. Please refer to conditions 12 and 13 below relating to insurance. You should utilise your insurance cover for any loss you suffer before requesting or accepting a refund from us.
10. Velocene Adventures reserves the right to make date, route, activity, and hotel modifications to any tour. This includes the details of itineraries and inclusions as they appear on Velocene.com. Every effort is made to keep changes to a minimum. Changes may be made at any time and we will notify you of any changes that we become aware of as soon as we are reasonably able to do so. For most holidays we will send out detailed pre-ride information which contains up-to-date definitive information about the holiday.
11. Velocene Adventures is not responsible for any personal expenses incurred due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations, such as prepaid hotel accommodations or airline tickets. We strongly recommend confirming your trip with Velocene before making any additional travel arrangements.
12. To take part in our holidays you must have adequate insurance cover for baggage, equipment (including, without limitation and where appropriate, bicycles and helmets intended for your use whether hired or otherwise) medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become too ill to continue with your holiday.
13. It is your responsibility to ensure you arrive at the start of the Velocene Adventures itinerary within a reasonable time to commence the pre-booked tour, as we cannot refund you outside the terms of our Booking Conditions. If you have booked flights independently, you may wish to consider arranging insurance to cover the cost of cancelled itinerary if your airline cancels your flight and you cannot make it to the start of your tour.
14. Velocene Adventures Ltd is a company committed to customer satisfaction and consumer financial protection. We are therefore pleased to announce that, at no extra cost to you, and in accordance with ”The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations 1992” all passengers booking with Velocene Adventures Ltd are fully insured for the initial deposit, and subsequently the balance of monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation form.
14.1 The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Velocene Adventures Ltd. This insurance has been arranged by Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC.
14.2 In the unlikely event of Insolvency, you must Inform Towergate Chapman Stevens immediately on +44 (0) 1932 334140 or by email at email@example.com . Please ensure you retain the booking confirmation form as evidence of cover and value.
14.3 Policy exclusions: This policy will not cover any monies paid for Travel Insurance or any claim relating to Air Flights. Please ensure the Company you have booked with has the appropriate CAA / ATOL Bonds in place.
15. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that:
15.1. For international travel, that you have a valid passport and all visas, permits, certificates, and vaccinations required for travel. Above cancellation policy will apply if a guest is unable to obtain travel documents or is prohibited from entering the destination country.
15.2. You will read all pre-trip materials about clothing, medical requirements, and culture-specific etiquette.
15.3. You have chosen a trip that suits your abilities, level of fitness, and state of health, and complied with the recommended level of pre-ride training;
15.4. You have satisfied yourself that you have researched your destination, made an informed decision to travel, and taken all necessary precautions.
15.5. You will respect the laws and customs of countries visited.
15.6 You will follow environmental guidelines and regulations while on the trip in accordance with guide direction.
15.7. Any information given by Velocene Adventures in regard to climate, clothing, special equipment, topography etc is done so in good faith and must be rechecked by you prior to relying on it.
15.8. You will respect the rights and privacy of fellow guests.
15.9. You undertake that any alcohol will be consumed responsibly.
15.10. Children above the age of 16 may participate in cycle tours run by Velocene Adventures, but must be accompanied by an adult. You are responsible for the supervision of all members of your party under the age of 18. For younger children, a Bespoke Tour may be developed.
15.11. You may not bring with you or use any shotgun, knife, firearm, air weapon, archery equipment, fireworks (including sparklers), illegal substances or similar item under any circumstances.
15.12. You understand that group travel invariably involves compromise to accommodate the diverse desires, travel goals, personalities, and physical abilities of all group members. Velocene Adventures guides may be required to improvise and exercise good faith, use discretion, and/or make decisions based upon group consensus. These decisions may not always please each individual, but are intended to satisfy the larger desires of the group.
15.13. Whilst we will ensure availability of a secure overnight environment for bicycles (e.g. locked support van or hotel room), your personal belongings (including passport, tickets and other documents, are your own responsibility during your holiday with us. Personal cycles are particularly vulnerable to theft.
15.14. You accept the risks and hazards of such a holiday, including the dangers inherent in cycling either on the road or off the road, the dangers of foreign travel, any risks that result from (amongst other things) changes of local politics, adverse weather conditions, the poor condition of the highways, border restrictions, terrorism and disease; and
15.15. You accept the need to be flexible in a holiday of this kind. The day to day agenda and ultimate aim of the holiday is taken as an objective and not as a contractual obligation. It is a fundamental condition of booking that you accept this flexibility, and acknowledge that delays and alterations and their subsequent results, such as inconvenience, discomfort, or disappointment, are possible.
15.16. You accept that we cannot guarantee the composition of the group in terms of age, nationality, gender, singles and couples.
15.17. Any special requests are to be communicated at least 30 days prior to travel. This includes dietary restrictions, medical requirements, and room preferences. Velocene Adventures will make every effort to accommodate special requests but cannot guarantee they will be met.
15.18. You agree to abide by the authority of the tour leader, who represents the Company, and whose decision is final. Completing our booking form signifies your agreement to this, and if you commit any illegal act when on the holiday or if in the reasonable opinion of the leader your health or behaviour is causing or likely to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others we may terminate your travel arrangements without any liability on our part.
16. Travel arrangements to meet or on leaving any tour are your responsibility. Any guidance we may provide is simply that and must be checked by you. Velocene Adventures is not liable for expenses including meals, transportation, or hotel costs that are not specified as included in the trip cost but may be required to get to or from a trip start or end.
17. Our responsibility does not commence until the appointed time at the designated meeting point. If you fail to arrive there at the appointed time for whatever reason, we will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by you to meet up with the group.
18. Each accommodation provider may have its own terms and conditions on which they accept guests, and you agree to abide by these.
19. You are expected to use the equipment and facilities provided to you with care and to keep them in a clean and tidy condition. We reserve the right to charge you for any extra cleaning, missing items or damage.
20. If bringing your own equipment on one of our holidays, please ensure that it is adequately maintained and insured. We will take all reasonable care when transporting equipment, however we are not responsible for any damage caused to equipment by a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for, whether such damage is caused during the holiday or whilst the equipment is in transit.
21. No refund or compensation will be made or given for any unused hotel accommodation, services or features of the holiday where unused at your discretion or as a result of your action/inaction.
22. By booking you agree that we have the right either during or after your holiday to recover from you the costs of: any compensation we may pay to others, including others on the tour, resulting from your acts or omissions; and/or any property or accommodation damage; and/or any other charges, fees or levies we may incur resulting from your action or inaction and from any breach of these conditions.
Our liability to you
Velocene Adventures has full public and products liability insurance as a tour operator for adventurous travel. You can see our policy on request.
23. Nothing in these terms seeks to limit or exclude our liability if something we do or fail to do causes death or personal injury through our negligence or if we cause damage to your property and that cause is our fault. We are also not seeking to exclude or limit our responsibility for loss caused by the services not matching our description of them or our negligent performance of the services.
24. Other than this liability which we have accepted, we will not be liable for any losses that you suffer as a result of any breach of our agreement except those losses which are reasonably foreseeable to both of us at the time we enter into the contract with you.
25. We shall not be held liable for any damages caused by the total, or partial failure to provide your holiday if such failure is:
25.1. as a result of (but not limited to): physical exertion for which a guest is not prepared; forces of nature; collisions with bicycles, pedestrians, or automobiles; road conditions including but not limited to lack of shoulder and roadway surfaces affected by weather conditions; travel by plane, train, auto, boat, or other conveyance, or by bicycle, ski, horseback, foot, or other form of active or adventure travel; consumption of alcoholic beverages; civil unrest; terrorism; breakdown of equipment; high altitude; lack of or limited access to medical attention in remote locations or the adequacy of medical attention once provided.
25.2 unforeseeable or unavoidable and attributable to a third party unconnected with us or any of our sub-contractors; or
25.3 as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control including but not limited to strikes, war, civil or political unrest or government action; or
25.4 due to the theft of bicycles or injury as a result of cycling either on or off road and in particular injuries as a result of either inadequately maintained and serviced personal equipment or failure to wear the correct safety equipment most notably cycle helmets.
26. In addition, since the services are provided to you as a consumer, we cannot accept responsibility for any losses related to any business of yours such as lost data, lost profits, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of goodwill or other business loss that you may incur as a result of any breach of our agreement.
27. We will also not be liable for direct damage or loss of any nature caused, or contributed to, by any defect in or failure (whether partial or complete) of any travel services not provided by us, and which we could not reasonably be expected to be responsible for.
28. Except for those areas for which we do not seek to exclude liability, our total liability to you is limited to twice the basic tour price per person shown on the invoice.
Medical and special requirements
29. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to complete your chosen holiday. We reserve the right to require you to produce a doctor’s certificate of fitness to participate in your chosen holiday. If you are affected by any condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the holiday, you must advise us before booking. If you do not do so, we may cancel your holiday at any time.
30. We welcome people with restricted mobility, medical or particular care requirements or a disability. However, in order to fully assess any risk and make appropriate adjustments, we require to be fully informed of any needs, requirements and conditions before any booking is concluded. Please telephone us and we will be happy to discuss availability, suitability and potential reasonable adjustments with you.
31. You should inform us immediately if, within 4 weeks prior to your arrival date or during your break, any member of your party has, or develops, an infectious or contagious medical condition. If so, we reserve the right to cancellation.
32. These booking conditions may only be waived by one of our directors in writing.
33. By booking, unless you tell us otherwise, you consent to our use of any likeness or image of you secured or taken on any of our holidays without charge in all media (whether now existing or in the future) for bona fide promotional materials of any kind, such as brochures, videos and the internet.
34. We may transfer and / or assign its rights and / or its obligations under these booking conditions. This will not affect your rights under this contract. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these booking conditions without our prior written consent, which we may not unreasonably withheld.
35. You may not advertise, use, give or resell your holiday or any discount offer associated with it or offer to do so (for profit or otherwise) or use it in connection with a competition, promotion, business and charitable or any other similar venture without our express advance written permission.
36. Any complaints regarding the holiday should be made to the tour leader and/ or local representative who will normally take the appropriate action. If at the end of the tour, you feel that your complaint was not dealt with properly and were not satisfied with the response, you must notify us of your complaint in writing within 28 days of the actual completion date of the tour. We will try to agree a settlement with you.
37. If, despite our best efforts and having followed the above procedure for reporting and resolving your complaint, you feel that it has not been satisfactorily settled, we recommend that it is referred for arbitration under the ABTOT Travel Industry Arbitration Service.
Bike Hire Conditions
38. Advance booking is necessary to reserve equipment. Bookings are not confirmed until receipt of the deposit. The deposit required shall be one day’s hire fee or 50% of the total cost of the hire – whichever is greater. Full payment is required at or prior to pick-up.
A proof of ID with photograph is required for each booking (e.g. new style of driving license or passport).
39. The equipment, including all accessories supplied, is let out on hire. You will not sell, hire out or otherwise part with the possession thereof.
40. You undertake not to misuse the equipment and to return it with all accessories in the same condition as it was when received by you (ordinary wear and tear excepted). We shall be entitled to charge you for any damage caused to the equipment during the period of hire caused by your act or omission. In the event of a breakdown, other than a result of your misuse, we will use reasonable endeavours to repair or procure the repair of the equipment.
41. The bicycles must only be cycled on surfaced roads and suitable cycle paths and must not be used for off-road cycling on mountain biking terrain. The bicycles must not be taken onto a beach or have any contact with seawater.
42. In the event of the equipment being stolen or lost, we reserve the right to call upon you to indemnify us for the cost of the replacement of the equipment, which will amount to not less than £300 per bicycle. However should the equipment subsequently be returned in a satisfactory condition, we will refund you within 14 days.
43. You must ensure that the equipment is adequately locked to a suitable immoveable structure when not in use, not use the equipment whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs and immediately notify us in the event of the breakdown or loss of the equipment.
44. If the bicycles are not returned to Velocene Adventures at the agreed time, a further charge on a pro rata basis will be made.
45. Cancellations on bicycle rental made more than 24 hours in advance will be refunded minus a 20% deposit. Cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance will be entitled to a 50% refund. No refund will be provided for cancellations made on the day of hire.
Privacy & Data Protection
47. By placing a booking with Velocene Adventures you agree to accept all these conditions and by accepting your booking we agree to carry out our obligations as defined. The contract between us will begin upon confirmed receipt of a booking deposit. The agreement is made subject to, and must be interpreted and enforced according to English law in an English court.